dLive TCP capture data (companion module build)

Well yes, but I’ll always consider all options and pursue the one that makes sense according to the data. And i’m a very small step kinda person.
First step to me is make it work (just one or two commands with feedback) while mixrack is talking to director (intercept the return packets on the same port).
Then make it work without director. ‘why develop something without testing it will work’
But I see the other POV as well; ‘why develop something that we don’t want’.

I figured you could, and over time you could use the send/receive commands to decipher the ‘starting config’ of the mixrack that is sent upon connection to the ‘fake director’

Anyways, the TCP stream is still being created, i don’t know why the tcp follow command takes forever in wireshark its only around 100mb worth of data. Hopefully done by morning and I’ll post a link.

link to the entire file

It’s important to think about all uses when building something so you don’t accidentally limit the possibilities. However, anything that gets us going in the right direction is going to be helpful. We’re just doing detective work ATM.

Anyways, the TCP stream is still being created, i don’t know why the tcp follow command takes forever in wireshark its only around 100mb worth of data. Hopefully done by morning and I’ll post a link.

link to the entire file
Dropbox - dLive_Director-Mixrack-Sync_v1.85_6-10-2020.pcapng - Simplify your life

“tcp follow”? Off to google to find out what sort of witchcraft this might be!

Your efforts are much appreciated, Stuart! Wouldn’t have embarked on this journey if you hadn’t done the initial legwork and had the “dream”!

They’ll be plenty of work in testing if we figure this out. Thank you.

So I let it run overnight and it only grabbed ~6k packets.
I found a way to ‘speed it up a bit’ https://www.wireshark.org/lists/wireshark-dev/201703/msg00059.html and restarted it this morning.
It is still running… only at 7.4k

I have no idea why building the stream is so slow.

Thanks StuartW,

I don’t have the experience with ‘big-boy’ consoles to know what commands would be useful. So everything you’re doing is super helpful!

If you find some of the DiGiCo or CL workflow/macro things that you want to see implemented please say so it’ll help point us in the right direction.

I’ll just keep working at the list of instruction code then when I get a minute or two.

Also when are you doing this packet collect? If I ever use wireshark on the dLive network I get like 5k bits of thing in less than a minute I think? Let me look at that I might get a min today

I’m looking to maybe merge the 2 modules. Seems MIDI is better for some actions and TCP for others…

I conferred with some co-workers on how to do what we/I want with the pcap file tcp stream between director - mixrack.

Working on using these two tools to sort through the data.

Hopefully will be able to test some commands to see if we can get a functional heartbeat & connection with director.https://scapy.net/

https://www.wireshark.org/docs/wsug_html_chunked/AppToolstshark.html

Awesome, Nathan!

I’m working on another project at the moment, but please update me if you find something and I’ll squeeze in some time to revisit this.

The “completed” hybrid MIDI/TCP module has now been merged into companion 2.0 for all to enjoy. :cheers: