Yamaha-MIDI

Great work Andy.

Just downloaded v1.0.0 and I can get it to see my editor just fine! (all be it after a bit of off/on with companion as per your video)
Now to just add a load of buttons to do some stuff. Actually, I’ll wait to add loads of stuff until you’ve implemented the ‘My Channel’ function in this module too. :slight_smile:

I presume you can pretty much do everything with the MIDI module that you can do with the SCP module - except I can’t see any ‘get channel name’ types of command.

Is there any documentation - more to the point, can I help you with any of that?
If you have any files that need sorting or documenting, so a Soundie can better understand what they need to do, let me know if I can help - lot’s of downtime!

I note that the feedback isn’t working as I’d expect - i.e. I put in the feedback command “yamaha-MIDI: SetupCueMix/CueOn” Mix 01 and an orange colour for the On state - but the SD button just lights orange when ever I tick the On state in the feedback command - having no bearing on the actual state of the button.

Let me know if there’s anything I can do to help you.

1 Like

Just tried to do an ALL POST button for the mix outputs. (using the trick of setting all mix busses to Fixed and then back to Vari (Pre Fader).)

But some of the commands are not allowing me to change the values - they stay red.

Thanks!

Just downloaded v1.0.0 and I can get it to see my editor just fine! (all be it after a bit of off/on with companion as per your video)
Now to just add a load of buttons to do some stuff. Actually, I’ll wait to add loads of stuff until you’ve implemented the ‘My Channel’ function in this module too. :slight_smile:

I presume you can pretty much do everything with the MIDI module that you can do with the SCP module - except I can’t see any ‘get channel name’ types of command.

Well, it would be considerably harder to implement MyChannel, ch name/color feedback and other functions that I’ve done in the SCP module, so I would recommend you use both modules, and just use the MIDI module for the things it does best, and leave the rest to the SCP module.

Is there any documentation - more to the point, can I help you with any of that?
If you have any files that need sorting or documenting, so a Soundie can better understand what they need to do, let me know if I can help - lot’s of downtime!

Much appreciated. The help I would need is documenting the undocmented commands, and there’s LOTS! More on that later.

I note that the feedback isn’t working as I’d expect - i.e. I put in the feedback command “yamaha-MIDI: SetupCueMix/CueOn” Mix 01 and an orange colour for the On state - but the SD button just lights orange when ever I tick the On state in the feedback command - having no bearing on the actual state of the button.

Feedback will only work with the console attached.
However, you can test it by toggling that function that is part of the feedback in the editor. e.g. Cue Mix 1 manually on the Editor and see if the button lights as expected.

Let me know if there’s anything I can do to help you.

Well, as I say, documenting the undocumented will be a huge job. I really think though, that the concentration will be on functions that everyone will want to use: e.g. UDK buttons. Can’t do that until you’re connected to a console of course.
Much appreciate the enthusiasm and support!

For some reason your attachment didn’t work. Try again?

Screen shot - again.

With regards to using both modules together -
No problem when I’m connected to a console - but to do any pre-show programming, would be tricky considering there’s currently no way of having the SCP module communicate with the editor too (is there?).

Ok, “red number” issue fixed. Thanks for letting me know. :cheers:

No, SCP doesn’t work with the Editor, so using it would never be that great without being connected to a console.

Probably priority 1 will be adding the more popular missing commands. I’ll have a video on how to do that soon.

A post was split to a new topic: Yamaha MIDI Module with older Yamaha consoles