620 compatibility with 410/550/650

Hi, and thanks for the awesome forum! And yea, I got a very good price for the 620’s, and figured “why not?” - they are for the Latin America market, and MAY be different frequency hops, but I have never been able to determine for certain if they really are different, or if it is the same transciever and chip, just using different keys. In which case, they SHOULD be able to be reflashed as a different model, and we are off to the races.

More likely, based on what Moto advertising I can find, is that these are 1st gen, and may not be able to be retrained. But their later ads all show 620 and 410 playing nice with each other, and in other adverts showing 410 and 550/650 playing nice. So there very well could be a connection, they just didnt want to have two identical models in the NA market.

Of course, I could just be blowing smoke. Only one way to find out, but I was hoping to get a flash cable for less than the $120 I am finding online. I only paid $80 for the two radios…

Thank you for your kind words! Well, I’m not saying it’s not possible, but like everything else DTR related, there’s almost no information out there, even from Motorola. That’s the main reason I started this forum, since I seem to have gathered more information about these devices than anyone else. Still lots to learn, though!

More likely, based on what Moto advertising I can find, is that these are 1st gen, and may not be able to be retrained.

If you have time, read about my experiences with Rev1 radios here.

But their later ads all show 620 and 410 playing nice with each other, and in other adverts showing 410 and 550/650 playing nice.
Do you have a link to one of these ads?

Of course, I could just be blowing smoke. Only one way to find out, but I was hoping to get a flash cable for less than the $120 I am finding online. I only paid $80 for the two radios…
It would be cheaper to just buy another radio. You can find 550 and 650 for less than $100 in great condition.