Alias Function on 01V96VCM

Hi Andy,

First thank you for adding me to the Beta programme and also thank you so much for the work you’ve done on this software!

I’ve got some preliminary thoughts having played with the software for a bit. My main use would be for the scene alias system For testing purposes I’m using it with an 01V96VCM.

I think it would be really handy to be able to click through different triggers when in run mode just to be able see which linked group a particular cue is in for a character(trigger).

This might be a bug, or it could be a cretinous user trying to be too clever…… I set up a show to recreate the Mark and Bob example. Trying to be clever I thought a quick way to get all the parameters into all the cues would be to link all of them, then record the parameters into a cue, then unlink them all. This seems to have the effect of permanently linking all the cues together, regardless of the links shown. Maybe I’m misunderstanding exactly what’s going on. If I copy and paste the parameters into the different cues everything works and I can change the linking around and get the results I expect. I was just looking for a shortcut to setup large numbers of scenes & cues quickly.

Not directly related but a FYI, the Linked cues and Auto update video in the tutorials thread has no sound when played on safari on a mac ( well at least this version 9.1 on OSX 10.11.4) but works fine in chrome.

Many thanks again,

Richard

Hi Richard;

Thank you for trying out the software and for your feedback!

Scene Alias system?

This might be a bug, or it could be a cretinous user trying to be too clever…… I set up a show to recreate the Mark and Bob example. Trying to be clever I thought a quick way to get all the parameters into all the cues would be to link all of them, then record the parameters into a cue, then unlink them all. This seems to have the effect of permanently linking all the cues together, regardless of the links shown. Maybe I’m misunderstanding exactly what’s going on. If I copy and paste the parameters into the different cues everything works and I can change the linking around and get the results I expect. I was just looking for a shortcut to setup large numbers of scenes & cues quickly.

I hadn’t tried doing it that way before, which is why I love having other people try the software, to do things in a different way to see if they still work. However, I had no trouble creating a bunch of cues, linking them, recording one cue and having the parameters show up in the linked cues, so that’s a cool shortcut you figured out. I then unlinked a couple of cues and changed their parameters. It did not change the other cues that were not linked, which is the way it’s supposed to work.
Can you explain in more detail what you mean when you say that it seems like the cues are permanently linked together?

Not directly related but a FYI, the Linked cues and Auto update video in the tutorials thread has no sound when played on safari on a mac ( well at least this version 9.1 on OSX 10.11.4) but works fine in chrome.
Yeah, I’ll never make it as a video tech or IT guy, that’s for sure. It’s probably the audio codec in that video that Safari doesn’t like. Since I’m not a Mac guy, I hadn’t actually looked at them on Safari before. The huge boxes it puts around the videos look terrible on Safari. Oh well, as long as there’s a workaround for now, I’ll try and be more careful with the formats on my next video(s).

Many thanks again,

Richard

You’re very welcome. It’s great to know that people are finding the software interesting and hopefully useful!

Sorry that makes no sense does it? I wrote that post originally with radom use of the words “scene” “cue” and “preset” I just meant the Digico “T” emulation!

I made a quick screen capture of what I’m seeing, unfortunately the capture doesn’t seem to include the mouse, so I hope it’s obvious what I’ve done! I’m probably doing something stupid.

//youtu.be/M9KH3j_TdkE

See Above screen capture don’t think I’m set out for video either!

Richard

Thanks for bringing that Bug to my attention, Richard. Not sure why it didn’t come up before!

In reality, it had nothing to do with the way you were linking and then recording, you could have recorded one cue and then linked them, the problem was still there.

Anyway, I’ve fixed it, so give it a whirl and let me know if things still seem to be working ok.

http://www.checkcheckonetwo.com/forum/showthread.php?1483-Latest-YammieQ

That definitely fixes it, now works as expected.

One possible improvement I’ve thought of, would it be a good idea to have either the Name or Description field of cues link together to make it easier to list what each linked group of cues actually is, without entering the text for each cue or relying on the colours? Either that or have a dedicated group name column.

This really is super cool, I’m excited to actually use it in anger!

Glad to hear it. This is what Beta testing is all about!:cheers:

One possible improvement I’ve thought of, would it be a good idea to have either the Name or Description field of cues link together to make it easier to list what each linked group of cues actually is, without entering the text for each cue or relying on the colours? Either that or have a dedicated group name column.

That’s interesting. Did you know that if you do a Scene Value Trigger (like you did) when connected to the actual console, it will fill in the Scene names automagically?
I understand you’re speaking of something else, though. My question is what text you would like automatically filled in?

In the meantime, don’t forget you can multi-edit most fields in YammieQ, so if you have a bunch of things you want to make the same, it’s pretty easy.

This really is super cool, I’m excited to actually use it in anger!

Excellent! Glad you’re finding it interesting, and thank you so much for your feedback and suggestions!

Hi Andy,

That’s great, I’d clocked the copying of scene names from the console in one of your videos, but missed that you can multi select fields like that, very useful.

I guess my idea here would be to have the ability to name the group the cue belongs to. Ideally you could then select a group from a list for each cue. If doing a big show other cues you want to link to may be off the screen so scrolling around and multi-selecting could be a bit fiddly.

Hope this makes some kind of sense!

Richard

Hi Richard;

Here’s a thought… If the cues are linked, then renaming the description for one could rename them all. However, I’d have to see if it’s possible to have it work both ways, in that if I DO want to make the description of one linked cue different than the rest that I can. I’d rather not add yet another field if at all possible.

What do you think about that idea?

That would seem to do the Job Andy. I know I’m looking at it from one particular use case perspective, so understand the wish to stay as flexible as possible.

Richard