Any plans to implement MIDI Module on Companion 3.0?

Buffer issue fixed.

1 Like

Anyone had a chance to do any other testing?

BTW, Recording Macros works fine, the same Macro buttons that I created for the RCP module ā€œjust workā€ in the MIDI module!

A post was split to a new topic: RCP Module 3.1.2 issues

Hi Andy
Cliff here - Iā€™m running an M1 Mac (Monterey OS), Companion 3.1.1+6229-stable-4593dd7f, and your latest Midi Module: Yamaha Sysex MIDI - v3.0.1.
However, When I turn on the module - it tries to connect, and then says crashed - retrying multiple timesā€¦
I cannot get into the edit settings page to tell it where to look for the console.

Any clues?

I believe there were some issues in older companion builds.
Please try the latest beta from bitfocus.io
Current version as of this writing is 3.2.0+6432

If you still have the same problem, please export the main log file and send it to me.

Just downloaded the beta 3.2.0 and same problem.
KirbsMBPro16-2.local_companion_log_20231020-1156.csv.zip (1.6 KB)

Please try this one, and send me the main logs regardless of whether it works or not, please.

Here is the link

ā€¦canā€™t see anything to tryā€¦

DOH! Link in previous message. sorry about that.

That doesnā€™t crash. And I can get to the config page. No console attached atm though.
KirbsMBPro16-2.local_companion_log_20231020-1630.csv.zip (12.4 KB)

Ok, I see what happened. You have a VERY old database from back when the first MIDI module was out in Companion v2. Iā€™m not sure how to completely clean out the old configs, other than to wipe it all and start from scratch.

Glad itā€™s working now. I hadnā€™t run into that situation before.
Even though you donā€™t have a console connected, is it working with the Editor at least?

I would think that this issue would have been solved if the database was ā€œupgradedā€ from v2 to v3 at some point, but without having an old 2.4 install and database to test, itā€™s hard to know.

So the MIDI module now connects to the editor - but I no control over it.
I tried the very simplest of things like Channel Select - but sadly nothing changed in the editor.
FYI everything set to localhost 127.0.0.1

KirbsMBPro16-2.local_companion_log_20231020-1652.csv.zip (999 Bytes)

Weird! Just tested it and itā€™s working fine for me.
Did you enable ā€œChannel Select/Sends on Faderā€ Link in the Editor Setup screen?

Hereā€™s it working on my computerā€¦

Nope thatā€™s not checked. If I check that option - then the midi module just sits there not connecting.

You checked ā€œUse Editorā€ in the MIDI Module config, right?

Disable/Enable the module, sometimes it doesnā€™t see a change in config.

After re-enabling the module and noting that itā€™s showing ā€œWaiting for Editorā€, close and re-open the editor, open settings, select 127.0.0.1 for the IP and check ā€œChannel Select/Sends on Faderā€ .

If that doesnā€™t work, please send me the log

Hereā€™s a quick vid.

You still have ā€œChannel Select/Sends on Faderā€ UN-Checked. You need to have it checked for Select to work with Companion.

Try a fader move or anything other than SELECT to test it.