Is there any guidance on how to get the Meter data from a RIO to work with the new Gauge element in Companion 5? I switched the value mode to be able to enter expressions and variables, dropped in the variable for one of my input meters, and I get no deflection.
Meters still work with the “Image Buffer” element so I can still get in the ballpark of what Im looking to accomplish, but Id love to do some more advanced GUI manipulation like what the Gauge element can do.
Well, the v5 graphics updates are amazing, but the way Companion converts the old bitmaps is pretty messy.
I’m working on an updated module that supports the newer features of Companion 4+, like local variables and the improved graphics. I have the meters working as presets right now, but I honestly haven’t tested any of the other functions to see what might be broken.
You can run both versions of the module to test, but make SURE to export everything before testing, I’d hate for you to lose your work.
There’s no upgrade script, so any of your old actions and feedbacks may not work.
I think though, the metering is much better and configurable. If you want to edit the preset, make sure to click “Edit” if you added it as a link.
Try installing this v4.0.0 if you’d like to try it.
Thanks Andy! I can hang loose until the 4.0 release is ready.
The video Companion put out themselves about how to add the Gauges leaves more to be desired (in fairness, I haven’t attempted to learn to make expressions and I just hoped the variables coming directly from my Yamaha gear would be good enough but I guess not?).
Hey, why the hell not. I’ll make sure to backup everything like you suggested and give it a go. My only hesitation is how massive my implementation is on my campus with Companion and Im worried about bringing it to its knees…
Different topic but related to that thought, Ive tried to roll out the Midi Implementation so I can control selected channel parameters with the knobs on my +XL, but after I add the module, my instance of Companion locks up when I try to add a new button - anywhere. I thought I made a thread on the forum about this (or replied to a different thread) but Im adding this thought here before I forget it again. Just a FYI. I’ll try and get my thoughts straight and add it to the proper place.
I take it you don’t have another computer you can use to experiment with so you don’t have to mess with your current setup? Easy enough to export/import pages.
I’ll be very interested to know how it works for you and if you find anything that could use some attention.
Are you referring to the post you made a while back in reference to the CLQL module? If so, that was resolved almost immediately.