Controlling Mixes with BCF2000 MIDI controller

This really is coming by drip feed. Someone might be waiting for this. It’s a start for a full NRPN table that I have not been able to find for the 01v96.
A pattern becomes evident once the Hex is converted to decimal, and it becomes a lot easier to tabulate, and then NOooo, it jumps off at a tandem.

If someone could check it against other Yammie desks, and report back, that would be good, and if anyone spots errors please, please let me know.

Some things are a little bizzare. There seem to be two sets of delays for the main outputs, and they do not track together as one might expect. The main output pan has separate left and right levels, which could be useful, and the busses have separate L&R delays. I will look into whether the desk will obey these NRPN commands separately. When it receives the equivalent sysex it moves them together.

All resolutions seem to be 16383 on the 01v96vcm (absolute 14-bit), except the compressor knee (see the table below) and all switches are On 16383 Off 0.
The decimal values are those to be placed in the “P:” box in Birdie, or the “NRPN No.” box of the Behringer editor.

David Kent.

Just an very small update to my blog:

Nice work! This is all very interesting.

For ease of reading for everyone, why not post this as a blog on this site. Go to “Blogs” and “Create new post”. It should be enabled for all users if anyone has a subject they want to tell about.

I look forward to hearing about the final completion of your project! :slight_smile:

Please note that I have moved this thread to Andy’s Blog page.

Please note that I have not removed the screenshot file “Totally Remote 01v96” although it needs updating. One BCF on-stage I now use in “USB Mode3” as that allows me to talk to the desk via the MidiIn and MidiOut ports. The other BCF’s on stage are in “Stand Alone Mode” and all the on-stage BCF’s are linked by midi 5-pin. I now connect Studio Manager directly to the desk via Yamaha USB 0-1 in and out. This way SM does not talk through MidiOx, which is just linking in my USB connected FOH BCF2000. I will asap include new screenshots in the downloadable file “Unfinished Work” which will I hope one day become finished.

Please note that I have left the NRPN tables where they are for the moment, but that might change.

PLEASE NOTE THAT I HAVE REMOVED THE PREVIOUS DOWNLOADABLE “UNFINISHED WORK” FILE AND IT IS NOW ACCESSIBLE FROM THE BLOG “TOTAL REMOTE MIXING” on this site.

‘’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’ Please do not reply to this thread, as it stops me updating the attached file. If you wish to comment please do so by posting your comment on my Blog, or by starting a new thread. Thank You. ,