Creating a Theater Program for Yamaha Consoles

I’m looking for some help. This is similar to how QLab can be programmed with Python Coding. I’ve used a similar program on other boards. I’m a Graduate Assistant at a University and I also teach theater/music in a public school district. QLab programming is too advanced for some of our students. We would like to create a theatre software program to simplify the process. I heard this was the place to come and start the conversation. I’m not looking to re-invent the wheel… just to make it streamlined for theater and what I’m trying to accomplish. I have everything I need on my side… I just need someone to connect the dots for me and walk me through how I can start this process. I have three years to complete this project. Thanks in advance for the help!

1 Like

Welcome, JDFinch24!

Have you tried the companion module? Which console are you looking to control?

I’m brand new to Yamaha. I don’t know anything about the companion module. Can you point me in the right direction?

I’ll be looking to control QL and CL series boards. The software platform we are wanting to streamline will look similar to what my buddy James Holt did with X32 Theater Control for the Behringer. We want to simplify the process for our students. We don’t want to reinvent the wheel… just put some new wheels on to make the car move better in snow so our students can do better in driver’s ed so to speak.

1 Like

Hi JDFinch24,

I came across your post while researching Yamaha CL/QL control for a theater software project I’m developing, called PSS. I’d be interested to hear whether you developed your idea further and what solution you ended up using.

We’re currently testing communication with a QL1. It would be great to compare requirements and experiences, particularly around making theater workflows easier to operate.

Best regards,
Uwe