dLive VSC

Hi,
I’m Roland. I stumbled over this forum while researching possibilities of companion and A&H dlive. I still can’t manage control virtual soundcheck over companion even though all the other functions are working perfectly.

Did anyone manage to change the VCS Status over Stream Deck. When I hit one of the functions for VSC Mixrack has an internal error? Version is 1.2. It’s not the latest one but since I’m not able to download the latest build version (yet) I won’t bother asking stupid questions nobody is willing to reply to. :slight_smile:

Hey Roland!

Did anyone manage to change the VCS Status over Stream Deck.
It was working for me, last time I checked.

When I hit one of the functions for VSC Mixrack has an internal error?
What’s the exact error message?

Version is 1.2. It’s not the latest one but since I’m not able to download the latest build version (yet)
Are you talking about the Companion Build or the dLive firmware version?

following…

Here we go,

first of all I got to say that I have a awfully user oriented view on these things. I’m sorry if I can’t make myself clear in terms of programming etc.

I have been running companion build 2.1.0
dlive Firmware 1.86
MAC 10.14.6 - Mid 2014
Everything I tried did actually work fine except the VSC Control from companion.

Now I updated companion to 2.2.1
I still can’t control VSC. When I hit one of the VSC Messages the console notifies an internal error.

If you like I can send you the log file of the console. I can’t say which internal error is being triggered exactly.

If I can do something notify me. :slight_smile:

Cheers
Roland

Your answers are perfectly clear, thank you!

The only thing I need to verify is whether you are using Companion downloaded from bitfocus.io or the build I have here on my site. They are different. Mine will have the latest versions of the modules I built, but I also try to keep updated with the versions of other modules from time to time. Generally, it will be MORE up to date than the version available on the bitfocus.io site, unless you’re downloading the beta builds.

So anyway, it sounds like perhaps something changed between the firmware version 1.84 which I wrote the module for, and the latest, version 1.86. Don’t know for sure, but I’ll try and update my dLive to that version (I think I’m on 1.85 still) and see what happens.

The “internal error” is probably just the generic message that the dLive spits out when it doesn’t like a particular command. :slight_smile:

Does the Talkback function give the same error? (Only the talkback and VSC commands are TCP, the rest are MIDI)

Hej Andy,

I have been using the build from your Download Site. Anyway I just tried downgrading to the last available Version on the A&H page (1.83) and this did not work either.

I already have been guessing that’s a problem with the OSC Messages because I did’t find corresponding Midi Messages for VSC Control. You are right Talkback Control is causing an internal error too.

Cheers
Roland

Just updated everything to 1.86 (Thanks for letting me know about that latest version), and the Talkback and VSC still seem to be working properly.
Question: Do you have Director connected? I do, and I’m wondering if that’s a requirement for this to work?
The VSC and TB commands emulate Director commands, so maybe the dLive won’t accept them unless Director is running.

Give it a try and let me know.

Hej,

I am not able to get it functional. Only Thing I could think of is to change the port of the server on the server site, but I couldn’t figure out which port to use.
Do you think this could cause the problem?

Otherwise I’m really out of ideas. Except test it on another mix rack which I do own.

Thanks and Cheers
Roland

You didn’t say if you have director connected?
If you’ve tried it with director connected and running, and it still doesn’t work, then do this:
Activate all 3 log types on the log tab in the Companion GUI.
Click “clear log”
Press a button programmed with a talkback function
press a button programmed with a vsc function
copy/paste what you see in the log here.