Found device, but no access

Hi there, apologies if this has been mentioned elsewhere

Recently downloaded the latest Companion build from here and since then have had trouble connecting my Streamdeck, receiving the following message in the log in the GUI

02. 22:07:34 USB(undefined) : Found device, but no access. Please quit any other applications using the device, and try again.

I tried closing Companion, reopening, different USB port, restarting computer and trying with no other apps open, redownloading from the link on this forum and fresh installing Companion but still throwing up the same error

Googling it and I can only see mention of this error from over a year ago where I think it’s being suggested that there’s a bug with the build. Is that the case currently? Is there anywhere I can download some older builds?

Cheers all

Mac or Windows build?

Mac. Running v2.2.0 (2.2.0-fa27050-2714) on macOS 10.14.6

Confirmed on my end as well. Sorry about that!

Windows version is working, but something got borked in the latest build. The cost of being bleeding-edge I guess.
I’ll reply when I’ve got this one sorted out.

Thank you for letting me know! :slight_smile:

Hey Andy,
I can report having the same issue. Also on Macbook Pro OS 10.15.7. Running Build 2.2.0.-fa27050-2714…
Trying to use a Stream Deck Mini and I Get the same message. USB(undefined) : Found device, but no access. Please quit any other applications using the device, and try again.
Thanks
Ben

Thanks, Ben. It’s definitely a bug in the build system. Talking to the developers about it, but they’re all volunteers like myself, so we’ll have to be patient.

Cheers Andy, appreciate the effort. Is it possible to download previous builds from this forum?

Ok, should be fixed now. (build is updated in the “Latest Companion Build” thread.

Let me know!

Anyone have a chance to try the update? I’d like to know if the problem has been resolved.

Hi Andy, sorry yes the update seems to have fixed it for me! Thanks

1 Like