Looking to try SOF

I need to check this out. it should make a huge difference!

Well, I got the application loaded and installed … but it doesn’t appear to actually “do” anything.

I suspect I am missing something in the setup. Thoughts?

Please read the pdf in the zip file and follow the instructions. From the picture it doesn’t look like you installed MIDI Yoke.

Thank you Andy for your help.

There is no PDF in the downloaded zip file. There is only the application executable.

It’s in the main thread.
http://www.checkcheckonetwo.com/forum/showthread.php?980-Sends-on-Fader-v-1-10-8-1-Download-it-here!

Thanks Andy,

I’m working on getting the midi yoke. It’s flagged as a malware site so I have to go through some channels to get the file. Also, it hasn’t been updated in a decade.

Just some advance warning: Microsoft is starting to remove WinAPI support from Windows, so it may stop working in with upcoming patches to Windows 10 (and will probably stop working with Windows 11).

Thanks!

Well, it was the only thing around 10 years ago when I made SOF, so that makes sense.

It’s flagged as a malware site so I have to go through some channels to get the file.

I don’t know about the Malware, though. Who told you that? The same site is still there and it’s still legit as far as I can tell.
However, if you like, you can always use LoopMIDI instead, it’s an excellent piece of software that’s still current. Its what I used on my later projects.

Just some advance warning: Microsoft is starting to remove WinAPI support from Windows, so it may stop working in with upcoming patches to Windows 10 (and will probably stop working with Windows 11).

Not sure about that. It would leave an awful lot of software not working. Microsoft is nothing if not backward-compatible (unlike OSX) so I’m curious where you heard that.