My SOF comments

I’ll be honest, given the complexities of the install instructions this application works far better then I expected.

Things that I have noticed while using it on an LS9-32 however:

When you have Stereo Mixes setup (for instance Mix 7 and 8). If you have the SOF app set to mix 8 and you move a level on mix 7 on the physical board, the SM doesn’t update. This shouldn’t be an issue for how I hope to use the app, but something I noticed.

The ON keys, stay mapped to ON keys on the main mix. I’m suppose this might be a limitation of the board since I don’t recall seeing ON keys anywhere in SM for the mixes.

This is my first attempt at messing with MIDI controls and things, and I was wondering if it would be possible to block certain changes from SM. Specifically I guess I’m asking about the ON keys into the main mix, and well, everything except the levels in Mix 7 (and 8). The idea I’m considering is have the record mix mixed on the same board, but by someone not at the board. I know it’s not the best way to do it, but it’s a stop gap.

At any rate, thank you for the app. I’m sure it will at least help with setting up In Ear Monitors.

Andrew

Glad to hear it! :banana:

Things that I have noticed while using it on an LS9-32 however:

When you have Stereo Mixes setup (for instance Mix 7 and 8). If you have the SOF app set to mix 8 and you move a level on mix 7 on the physical board, the SM doesn’t update. This shouldn’t be an issue for how I hope to use the app, but something I noticed.
I tried to add additional functionality for paired mixes, but could not get it working reliably on all consoles, since there are some fundamental differences in how things “pair” on various Yamaha consoles.

The ON keys, stay mapped to ON keys on the main mix. I’m suppose this might be a limitation of the board since I don’t recall seeing ON keys anywhere in SM for the mixes.
That’s the way that SM works, and only the LS9 and M7CL use the channel on/off buttons as mix on/offs when in SOF mode, so I kept it simple and less confusing.

This is my first attempt at messing with MIDI controls and things, and I was wondering if it would be possible to block certain changes from SM. Specifically I guess I’m asking about the ON keys into the main mix, and well, everything except the levels in Mix 7 (and 8).
Possible, yes, but impossibly complex to implement. I won’t go into the details, but suffice to say it’s not going to happen.

The idea I’m considering is have the record mix mixed on the same board, but by someone not at the board. I know it’s not the best way to do it, but it’s a stop gap.
You’ll just have to make sure that person doesn’t touch anything they’re not supposed to, or better yet, just give them their own console! :slight_smile:

At any rate, thank you for the app. I’m sure it will at least help with setting up In Ear Monitors.

Andrew
Glad you are finding it useful. Thank you for your note.