MyChannel replaced with custom variable?

Thank you for testing that and letting me know.

I realized a small bug with the level feedback - I decided to change the absolute value to a more readable value for variables. if the variable “raw” value is 200 (meaning +2dB) I show it as 2.00. However, I didn’t apply that logic for comparisons.

However, names seems to be working as expected. Did you want to export a page to me that uses name feedback so I can test it here? Or at least a screenshot of the button config.
Once I check that I’ll post up a new build that fixes (I hope) the level variables feedback issue.

After importing my .config the feedback looked like this

I added the text attribute (and also tried all others) like this

Here’s the page export too
Feedback for Andy.zip (4.8 KB)

Got it. I see the issue(s) and will work on fixing them.
If you can, please let me know the values of the custom variables you’re using.

The one variable I used for InCh on this page $(internal:custom_ShowcallPTT)=27
If it helps, here’s the full config
Full config for Andy.zip (183.1 KB)

Got it. Making the changes and testing. Back soon.

That’s a pretty impressive layout! Lot of cool ideas in there.

I’ve updated your layout, all modules are disabled, but other than that, it should work as expected, unless I made a typo. It’s a lot of copy/paste but now that it’s done, I think you’ll see how it works.

Basically, at some point you need to retrieve the channel names into a custom variable. The way I’m setting custom variables isn’t part of regular companion, and will change in v3. I expect they’ll be a trigger or other way of setting custom variable values…
Basically, replace the $ with the @ to set a value. Only has meaning in feedback, will be ignored on actions. Here’s how that looks:

Then just use the variable as you would normally in the button text. The nice thing is you can now have other text rather than JUST the channel # and combine variables, etc.

Just let me do a build of companion with the fixes and then you can give it a try to see.

Ok, new builds are up. Give that a try.

Here’s your updated (full) config (remember to enable the modules after importing):
Full config for Ade.companionconfig.zip (182.2 KB)

Thanks for this Andy. Hopefully, if I get the time, I can give this a try tomorrow.

1 Like

Hey Ade;

Have you had a chance to try this yet?

I ran out of time unfortunately. Next opportunity is next week now. Will report back as soon as I can.

1 Like

Hey Andy, Variables for InCh functions and feedback all seems to be working well. Companion did seem to crash and recover a couple of times, I think that may have been associated with scene changes but I was making a lot of changes with scenes and companion pages. I’ll see if I can check that out further tomorrow.
That’s a lot of extra functionality with feedback to variables!

Thank you so much for checking that and letting me know.

If you do find anything that causes a crash, make sure to capture the error screen (if there is one) and remember what you did that made it crash. I definitely need to make sure my new changes don’t cause those kinds of problems!

New build up now that includes the latest modules from the latest beta.

2.4 isn’t working for me i get this error on startup

and the web page gets stuck with the synching at about 60%

Windows version?

I tested the Mac version, I’ll test the Windows version now and see what’s up.

Issue confirmed. Sometimes companion won’t build properly for Windows from a Mac. I guess that’s what happened in this case.
I will look for a workaround or see if there’s a fix.
Sorry about that!
MacOS version works fine if that’s any consolation!

I’m that tiny demographic - a sound man on PC!

1 Like

Well, that was a LOT of work to create the Windows build, but now I know how to do it so hopefully it’ll be easier next time!

Give it a try and let me know what I messed up this time! :slight_smile:

So far, so good :+1:

1 Like

Hi Andy
Running your latest build - but don’t seem to be getting any variables listed in the channel list for the ‘My Channel’ feature.

I created a variable - and when pasted into the name, I can see the number associated with variable - so I know that’s working.
I just can’t get that listed in any of the selected channels in the drop down for Yamaha-SCP: InCh/ToMix/On
All I see atm is a ‘-1’ in the drop down list, presumably from my previous config that used the old ‘My Channel’ functionality.

Where am I going wrong…?