New User

New to forum, I have 2 DTR 550s and have been enjoying them for reliable communication. This is great forum for information on them that you can’t find anywhere else.

Welcome! I hope you find the information you’re looking for.

Tagging on - Also new to the site.

Andy, thanks for setting this up. I’ve had it in the back of my mind a DTR site needs to be started and I’m glad you did!

For the past 5 years I’ve been doing the radios for an annual event, all based off of DTR650s. My current radio count is just under 90, which I annually reconfigure.

I’ve got gone quite a way down the DTR rabbit-hole but you’ve already beat me on a few things Andy, in particular figuring out the bootstrap upgrade for old radios. Well done!

Welcome, Mike!

Since you’re an experienced DTR user and programmer, I wonder if you can comment on my take on how groups work in my blog. I’d like to know if you agree with what I’ve found or if you have a different take on it.

Will do,

You specifically mean use the comment box on that blog page right?

Or reply to the forum post, whatever you like.

Just acquired several 550s and a 650. The “nextel sounding” Talk Permit Tone Offset has to be the 1st thing to address. I see how to lower it in the CPS, but looks like my firmware ver is not taking the profile. Doing my research now, thanks for all the good resources here.

-Dann

Sounds like a firmware update is needed on the radios. When the firmware supports it, the item will appear in the volume menu. Note that to change the value you have to use the volume buttons when on that selection instead of selecting the item and using the up/down arrows.

Just want to add my thanks as well for a great resource for DTR’s

It is great that a resource like this exists for the DTR family of radios. I have three now, and so far they are serving me well. Using this forum, I hope to understand them better, and adjust a few things to optimize them.