OMT new version

I just uploaded the second version of OpenMixTools
http://www.trbtr.de/pmw/pmwiki.php/OpenMix/OpenMixTools

added: import and export of InputEQ

changed:
channel names can now be longer: 6 chars on LS9, 8 chars on M7CL
if the desk to be exported to has more channels than the source theese will be filled with default values and patched to none (instead of being skipped in 1st version)

Hey Christian;

This is an incredible piece of software. I just installed Firefox tonight to try it out. Works like a charm! :headbang:

Very well done!

Couple of notes:
Yamaha calls the state the console is currently in the “Current” Scene. It may or may not match a scene in memory, depending on whether you made any changes since you recalled a scene. It’s numbered 0xFFFE (65534). Initial Data refers to a blank scene with all data coming from the default info of the desk. This info is not stored in the Session file anywhere that I’ve found (i.e. the initial/default settings for channels, libraries, etc.)

It might be confusing for you to call the current scene !Initial Data! since that is a different scene all together.

Also, If I pick for example scene 5 to import, and then export a file for another console, it loads it into the new console’s Current scene instead of scene 5. I assume that might be by design at the moment since it’s just doing a scene at a time for evaluation/testing purposes.

All in all, a fabulous tool, and a good example of the power of deciphering the Session files! :hello2:

Keep up the good work! :cheers:

Hi Y’all,

Very cool!

Would be great to see the 01V96 added to the mix!

Thanks and good health, Weogo

thanks for giving it a try!

From what I’ve seen so far the 3 models included now are 1 “family” of desks, they share the same data structures. The older desks have a lot more different parameters and data structures, i.e. the fader resolution is totally different. This requires both new import and export routines. Maybe some time I’ll add more models. Or if someone is able to contribute and add support for these?

You are right about the nature of the “initial data” scene. I kept the label for now, as it gets written back during export.
here are some lines of “documentation” I included in the source when I wrote that part:

the template might contain anything wanted
we just overwrite the 1st scene (and other libs if apropriate: input patch, headamp)

if there is no stored scene / lib we overwrite the “current state”, thus all values are visible when we open the generated file in studio manager, only when we then store the scene there will be an entry in the lib list and it will have the name generated here

if there are stored scenes / libs we overwrite the 1st one and it will instantly be visible as an entry with the correct name in the scene / lib list. BUT NO parameters will be visible when we open the file in studio manager until we recall that scene!

so there is a small update, Firefox should recognize it soon automatically, otherwise use the AddOn Manager (there is a button to look for updates) or just install the new version and Firefox replaces it…

whats new / changed:
scene comments are converted
small bugs fixed (EQ and channel names)
the scene to be imported can now be selected with a double click

regarding andy’s comment above I also changed the name of the 0-scene to “current state” - does that make more sense?

Sounds like a good name. Well done on the update, Christian!

new version today: v0.03 with support for M7CL V3
option to mute all inputs in the exported scene

in order to give a sign of life: I’m currently working on mixbus conversion, importing is ready, exporting on the way
can’t give a prediction when it will be working reliable…

That’s great!
What do you mean by mixbus conversion? Or was it just that mix sends were not translated in the current version?

the latter… the mixes have been left out for now.
the point is that one needs to convert the general mixbus setup and the channel’s mixbus values - making sure they convert correctly. The goal is to convert 24 mixes from a PM5 into the 16 mixes and 8 matrixes of a M7 - or the other way round…

the next version is available for download (automatic update in firefox should work as well)
will convert mixbusses (at least the basics)
added some more export options
there also is a button to show you the folder containing the template files if you want to change them

looking forward to some user feedback

again a new version is out…
added conversion of DCAs
and a new feature to directly export a channellist from your scene, either as csv data to load into office calculation software or “quick and dirty” as pdf

a new feature has been added: “report” will collect the input channel parameters just like the channel sheets for the analog consoles - in case you need to transfer settings to another console manually

Andy just reminded me of your application Christian and the ability to retrieve and export input lists really makes it a killer app. Thanks very much for posting this and the work you’ve done. One question, is it possible to extract output patch lists with output names as well?

Thanks again

Hi,

thanks for the positive feedback! Regarding your question: Output names are at least read into the XML file, so exporting them shouldn’t be a problem. I did not care about output patch because of the many possible routings - dedicated outputs on the PM5, omnis on all the others, digital 2track, slot outputs, ethersound/dante, and so on… moreover there are direct outs and inserts each with different patch points that could be routed to physical outputs.
The information is all there and could be retrieved it’s just a question of programming time and then testing for all the possible variations. Unfortunately I don’t think I will care about that in the near future. But it’s open source, so maybe someone else wants to…?