Raspberry Pi and Yamaha Midi

Is there a Raspberry Pi Build that includes the Yamaha MIDI Module?

I should be able to make one.
However, there’s a couple of weird things happening in the latest build. Let me sort those out first.

1 Like

Sure no rush. I just want to move my companion setup away from my mac and that wouldnt work without your midi module. I have to mix a lot of boradcast on yamaha consoles lately and with the Midi Module it just sucks way less :smiley:

2 Likes

PI version up now. Give it a try. Contact me if you need instruction on how to get it on your RPI.

Have you had a chance to try this? I’d like to know if there’s any issues…

Sorry, I’ve been pretty busy lately and just saw the post. I’ll download it immideatley and let you know ASAP! Thank you so much!

1 Like

So do I get it right that this is not companion pi? So do I need to install Pi OS first? Or is that already implemented?

Thanks for your help!

Cheers

That is correct. It’s not a complete image, merely the companion build with all the support files.
You copy it to the companion folder on your RPI.

Do you know how to copy files to your RPI?

Ok, so just to be shure, I normally install Compasnion PI and just switch out those files on the SD Card, right?

You should be able to copy my files to your companion folder on the micro-SD card, overwriting what’s there and be good.
Be sure to export your config first.

Let me know if it works or if you run into problems.
If it doesn’t work, I might have to try companionPI and then overwrite it myself to see if there’s issues, but I don’t think there should be!

1 Like