Recall Next or Previous Scene

Hi Andy & forum members,

When I make a macro in Companion (push button to recall Next scene) the macro contains a “fixed” scene-number. So the created macro always fires Scene-number x.
I want a Streamdeck button which fires the Next or Previous scene. Is that possible?
On the desk I already use quite a lot of User Defined Keys and I don’t want to switch between UDK-layers

I hoped Streamdeck and Yamaha-Midi could solve this button, but so far no luck. Trying to solve this with a regular command from the Companion list (Yamaha-Midi: ) also didn’t find the command I’m looking for

Is there a way to get feedback out of the console on which scene number the console is? Maybe something with a script so I can make a workaround with QLab?

With regards
Gijs van Sorgen

Yamaha has a “secret” way that a UDK can be set to “recall next” or “recall previous”, (called inc recall and dec recall) and those skip over any blank scenes, but that’s not a command that can be sent to the console externally, AFAIK.

An action could probably be made that uses feedback to determine the current scene and then recalls “current scene # + 1” but if there were any blank scene gaps it wouldn’t work.

A post was split to a new topic: How does “Feedback” work?

Andy, can you explain how to add an action that uses feedback to determine the current scene? I am new to companion so if there is forums or content already out there are you able to forward me in the right direction.

I haven’t really implemented feedback for Scene recall (in fact, there may be a bug that rears it’s head if you try to add Scene recall as a feedback, so I’ll have to fix that!).
What is it you’d like to do and which module are you using?

I am trying to fire Qlab Go button and scene recall to advance to the next scene on a Yamaha CL5 for live musical theater. Also to toggle on/off mutes of two channels. For instance Input 01 (Main Mic), Input 02 (Backup Mic) on single actor.

Gotcha. Because of the “blank skip” issue I spoke about earlier in this thread, creating a “recall next” action would fail if there were any gaps in the scene list.

By the way, the new v3 module has implemented the “IncRecall” (recall next scene) and “DecRecall” (recall previous scene) functions.

1 Like