Receiving all Scene Data

Hi David, I’m trying to send a sysex data request to a 01v96 to get all the parameters in a not compressed bulk data format. Now I’m trying to do it on Studio Manager, but without success, it seems the SM don’t recognize this kink of request, but maybe I’m using a worse string (or SM use a different ID to do it, or needs a response from a hardware console to get in syncronization mode…) Now I’ll download the pdf in your quoted message to see if I could find some ideas. Did you have experienced similar issues?. I need that because I’ve developed a TouchOSC layer that remotes a 01v, but I can’t get a complete scene recall from the mixer, all ther direct controls, from and to SM/TouchOSC are working well…that’s the last implementation I’ve to do. Thanks for an answer. Italo

Hi Italo;

I moved your post since it’s not really related to connecting an 03D and LS9 as was the original thread.

I believe I know what you’re looking to do, but can you tell me more about what information you’re trying to receive from the 01V96?

Hi Andy, thanks for your answer!
It’s easy what I’m trying to do…but it don’t works…
I’ll explain it in some words so everyone can understand:

1. I don’t have a 01v and I’m only working on Studio Manager, last version 2.3.4, on editor 01v96 v. 2.2.2
  2. on the other side I’ve developed a patch with MaxMSP that comunicate between the Studio Manager and an iPad running TouchOSC
  3. I’ve developed also the layout on TouchOSC that should remote a 01v96, at this moment the “virtual” 01v on the editor of the Studio Manager
    3 All the commands works well, I can comunicate from Studio Manager to TouchOSC on the iPad and viceversa. All this commands works in real time, so, when I change the value on a fader or a on-off button or a pan, I become the same results on both interfaces.
  4. All the comunications runs as sysex messages with the right commands, inside the patch all this data flow is writed as integers numbers, not in hex, but that’s not a problem, I can convert both formats, but with integers it’s easier to handle. So, a sysex command like F0 43 30 3E D 21 0 0 0 10 F7 is writed as 240 67 48 62 13 33 0 0 0 0 16 247
  5. Other issue: studio Manager without any function but with any editor open (could be the 01v, Dm1000, Dm 2000 or 02R) sends six sysex strings at regular intervals, 1 second each or so. They are:
    print: 240 67 48 62 13 33 0 0 0 0 16 247
    print: 240 67 48 62 13 33 0 0 32 0 16 247
    print: 240 67 48 62 13 33 0 5 0 0 16 247
    print: 240 67 48 62 13 33 0 5 32 0 16 247
    print: 240 67 48 62 13 33 1 0 0 0 8 247
    print: 240 67 48 62 13 33 4 0 0 0 2 247

…that’s the first problem, I can’t understand what they means, maybe a data request to see if a hardware console is connected and to put himself in Syncronization mode…

Now to the other problem:
On Studio Manager I have some memorized scenes. When I recall them, Studio Manager don’t send out the values of the entire parameters but put the values only on his window, so you can see the fader positions and so on.
So it’s obvious that not syncronization can occour to the Touch OSC layout.
Now, I think I have to send to Studio Manager all the request for the needed parameters to syncronize…on the 01v manual they are all the request to send to the mixer and become the right answer, but when I try to send this request (they are most the same for every parameter: the parameter string without the last two sysex numbers before F7 (247), and the change of the third parameter (1n to 3n…I think it should be 16 [the 01v ID] to 36…but in hex format it coul be also other values…that’s not clear on the manual, but I’ve used every number without success)

All that’s not working, Studio Manager don’t reacts as a normal hardware mixer, and that’s normal, and the editor itself could have another ID as the 01v desk to react at incoming request messages (I can’t check that without a 01v…)

Last info: sending a sysex request it’s not a problem inside MaxMSP…the numbers are…

…any ideas?

Thank you and best regards. Ah, I’m sorry for my bad english.
Italo

They’re basically “I’m here” messages which the console recognizes so it can send the right info when needed.

Doesn’t work on SM, only on the console. n will always be 0, BTW. So 1n will be 10 and 3n is 30. Grab the MIDI Protocol (Sysex) spec from here.

No problem! Your English is just fine! :slight_smile:

Hi Andy, thank you.
I just haved this xls. file, but thank you always!
The “I’m here” messages are ok, I’ve assumed that they could be something like this…with a 01v desk I could grab the responses and after that, create a second “virtual” 01v with a secon instance of Studio Manager (you could do that using a standalone version of the 01v editor (version 1.21beta…a little bit different from the last version, regarding the tx format of the channel names and not sending “I’m here” messages)). The “I’m there” message could be send with MaxMSP to the first istance of the editor…Next days I’ll rent a 01v and I’ll let you know…

To the second part of your thread…I see, SM doesn’t work like a console, but I think he must…if not, also SM cannot send the messages to the console…or not?
In the meantime, sending to SM a request like F0 43 3n 3E 7F 01 1C 00 cc F7 give no response from SM like F0 43 3n 3E 7F 01 1C 00 cc dd dd dd dd F7 (where the last two dd are the RPN values for a main channel fader…)

Third question…was not a question, only a info…with MaxMSP i can send sysex messages and read after filterin, the incoming ones. That’s very easy to do.: the formats are sxformat 240…string…247 for sending and match 240 …string with variables nn…247 for receiving. TouchOSC is easy too, there’s only to convert and scale the floating numbers in integers and viceversa.

But…I like to be positive, and I think and hope it can be done…
Ciao
Italo

What I’m saying is that SM does not respond to “Parameter Request” messages. Only the consoles respond to those messages.

In the meantime, sending to SM a request like F0 43 3n 3E 7F 01 1C 00 cc F7 give no response from SM like F0 43 3n 3E 7F 01 1C 00 cc dd dd dd dd F7 (where the last two dd are the RPN values for a main channel fader…)
Exactly. Makes it a pain to test MIDI Parameter stuff with only Studio Manager.

Good luck with your program. Let me know how it goes, I’d be interested to see it.

[ATTACH]466[/ATTACH][ATTACH]461[/ATTACH][ATTACH]462[/ATTACH][ATTACH]463[/ATTACH][ATTACH]464[/ATTACH]

Looks cool.

Airfader or Stagemix for the 01V96, it looks like. How are you going to make it wireless?

Is it worth all the effort, though, since AirFader is going to do the same thing?
http://www.airfader.com/faq_info.html?faqs_id=11&fcPath=5

Hi Andy, yes, it’s similar. But you need always a computer between the iPad and the console. (console can connected via Midi or USB or a WiFi system that can transport the USB buss from the computer to the console…there’s a solution for it, too)
TouchOSC on iPad just connect itself with a computer (mac , but can be a pc, if you have TouchOSC for Android and if you develop the data-converting app with MaxMSP for pc).
The effort to doing it, is only because I need to implement the controls I need in the positions and quantity I really need…so you can see, I’don’t implemented the eq or dinamics or other controls like digital gains or the output delays and so on. (and I don’t have to pay for an application where I cannot have control on…if I need, I can change my app…that’s all…ah, and maybe there will be anyone that likes my solution and spend me some bucks as donation, for my sigarettes or biers…eheheh)