Scene Store & Recall for TF with RCP

So I’m using a TF-Rack and trying to store to specific scene, then recall from a specific scene. I can’t see any ‘Store’ action in the list of actions, and I’ve tried recording a macro but when performing the actions on the mixer, I can see messages in the log, but no actions produced. The recall action Bank/Scene/Recall works fine, but a recall doesn’t get detected in the recorder. I do see in the logs below unknown/unrecognized command messages regarding ‘scene_b’ so maybe that’s part of it? (Note: it’s the same error for ‘scene_a’ if I use bank A for recall/store)

In the log, I see this when storing:
debug: Received: ‘NOTIFY ssupdate_ex scene_b 19’
debug: FINDCMD: Unrecognized command. ‘scene_b’
warn: Unknown command: ‘scene_b’
debug: Received: ‘NOTIFY ssupdate_ex scene_b 19’

And I see this when recalling:
debug: Received: ‘NOTIFY ssrecall_ex scene_b 19’
debug: Received: ‘NOTIFY sscurrent_ex scene_b 19 unmodified’
debug: Sending : ‘ssinfo_ex scene_b 19’ to TF-RACK @ 192.168.8.205
debug: Received: ‘OK ssinfo_ex scene_b 19 “B19” “test scene” “test comment” user’

And I see this when recalling using the Bank/Scene/Recall action:
debug: Sending : ‘ssrecall_ex scene_b 19’ to TF-RACK @ 192.168.8.205
debug: Received: ‘OK ssrecall_ex scene_b 19’
debug: Received: ‘NOTIFY sscurrent_ex scene_b 19 unmodified’
debug: Sending : ‘ssinfo_ex scene_b 19’ to TF-RACK @ 192.168.8.205
debug: Received: ‘OK ssinfo_ex scene_b 19 “B19” “test scene” “test comment” user’

Companion 3.0.1
RCP Module 3.3.1
TF Firmware 4.50

Thanks for looking into this

Hello!

I had not added a “Store” function yet, so let me see about doing that.
That “Unknown command” message can be ignored, but I should really fix that!

I’ll let you know when I have a store command to test.

Awesome, thanks for doing all the hard work making these plugins. This addition would make my automation plans much more possible. Keen to test it out whenever you can get to it

You can try the store function in this test version, posted now to my site.
** Please note that the store DOES NOT ask for confirmation, and will happily overwrite a scene **
Please be sure to export your config before testing as well as save your TF show file before testing and don’t test it during a show!

Yamaha-RCP-3.4.0

Please let me know how it works and if you find any issues.

Thanks heaps! I will try test this either this week or next

1 Like

Did you ever get a chance to try this? Curious how it worked out.

I apologise, I’ve been off sick and it’s our last week of events this week so I didn’t want to touch it this week. I should have much more time from next week to try it out

1 Like

Sorry it’s taken forever to get to this, had to put it on hold for ages. Figured I’d report back now even if it’s not much help.
I installed a new version of Companion yesterday (3.3.0 I think) and saw the store function already there, so gave it a test and all seems to work well. I stored and recalled a few different scenes, made adjustments, stored again, recalled again and it doesn’t appear to break anything or have side effects that I can see.
One note is that you can’t name the stored scene, which I don’t care too much about for my purposes, so I don’t mind if it stays that way but just thought I’d mention it.

Thank you so much for adding this feature, it will definitely be put to good use in the automation systems I’m setting up

1 Like