Self-Check fail Error

any solution?

Still haven’t heard whether re-flashing the firmware fixes the problem. That would be the first thing I would try!

How do I flash this on the dtr620?

http://www.checkcheckonetwo.com/forum/showthread.php?1424-Motorola-DTR-Radios-Start-Here

good afternoon forum friends, this time I ask for help because I have a radio with this problem and it makes it impossible to start, some send them to motorola service in my country and charge me around 40 dollars for each one.
I decided to investigate in this forum, preparing my flash cable and with the success I achieved it, now and tried means the firmware that is published in the forum but in some I get this message (error the radio has the latest firmware the flash operations stops.) in other radio this message comes out (error unable to flash due to unsupported radio version please upgrade to gen 3, then flash again.

I apologize if my translation is bad, I’m from Colombia and I use google translator.

my question is: the files I found are to update firmware, then to retrieve the radios with the message that is in the title of this thread as I would recover them?

I appreciate your collaboration and comments

I have yet to hear whether flashing the firmware fixes this problem, but that’s the first thing I would try. It would be great if someone would write back to say if this fixes the problem or not.

I would also like to know if the 550 or 650 firmware works on the 620. I’ve never seen a “620” version of the firmware.

Good afternoon Andy, I’m already trying to update the radio firmware, but apparently the message that the radio has the latest version is then stuck. the archibos and the cable if they can be used in dtr620 I have already checked and updated some radios, others were not left because they already have the updated version, then the problem is in repairing a radio with updated version. There should be a method to repair the firmware, as indicated in my Colombia pails, but they do not give any information on how, they only mention the firmware update cable, but this one I did with the help of this forum, I’m fine and I ulitize updating some radios, and the doubt remains to repair this problem that is already common in the dtr620 with failure 00800

of an intense search in the web and of so much that I found and of so much trial and error I found in a forum of Latin America my solution at least for a radio with the fault SELF CHECK FAIL 00800 and was the following one:
we took the radio battery and press the house key, then without releasing the key we put the battery and proceed to turn on the radio, the radio was reset and I am with its original programming in the forum said that sometimes this did not work but to me I worked with a radio a couple of hours ago.
This I wanted to share with you, because from here I was able to make my flash cable with the attached files without any cost … and I am grateful

Well, if I understand you correctly, you were saying that doing the following would reset your Radio back to factory:

1. Remove the battery
  2. Press and hold the Home key
  3. Insert the battery
  4. While still holding the Home key, press the power button on the Radio.

I tried this, and it did not reset anything.

HOWEVER,

If you hold the top 2 buttons down, while powering on the DTR, it goes to a flashing menu that looks like this:

IMG_5012
IMG_5011

Not sure what to do with that screen, but maybe it lets you re-flash it?

you have to try several times, in my place like 5 or 7 times until I restart

Has anyone ever soluced?

leyiber says that reflashing the firmware can fix it. I haven’t heard from anyone else, even though I’ve asked a lot in this thread. Anyone else got a solution that’s worked?

I can solve the problem by turning the dtr620 on and off

I would think if it were that easy, nobody would be asking questions… :cool:

Glad I found this forum! I attempted all the steps in here and haven’t really had much success. Andy, your mentions have gotten me the farthest so far and I’ll try flashing the 650 using files you’ve provided in a previous post. I’ll update if I have any positive results.

Good afternoon, seeing this post in some cases cable cloning can work in an attempt to clone.
Even if it is in failure mode it may result in recovery from the same

What kinda sucks is that I feel like people may have solved this, but are not posting back to confirm.

If anyone has tried re-flashing the firmware and that has fixed the problem, PLEASE LET US KNOW!

Thanks to administrator andy, for returning. How i am new here, i apologize by writing due i use google translator.
I will try to recover the radio, if they please ask the authorization to the lord to place a video as was the ok procedure

I’m having the same problem. Something new to solve?

look for water damage on the main baord. If its not it may be damage from being droped. That damage is very hard to find unless you get lucky and find a place where when you push on it the radio comes back to life.