Sends on Fader not working in Windows 10 build 1607

SoF was working fine on Windows 10 until Windows Update loaded build 1607. I’ve uninstalled and reinstalled everything. Wiped the OS off and reinstalled everything. Still doesn’t work. Up to the point before MIDI Yoke is installed, the Yamaha Studio Manager and PM5DV2 Editor works fine. Once the installation of Sends on Fader is complete the connection between the console and PC is broken. Fader moves on the console will show up on the PC, but fader moves on the PC do not show up on the console. I’ve tracked it down to this configuration menu shown below. The pull-down menu boxes on the left side of this menu can be changed, but the pull-downs on the right side are grey’ed out. I’m not sure if this is related, but one of our other software tools no longer worked after build 1607. Fortunately that toll notified us that a particular .NET package was missing and after loading it everything was ok. Suspicion is SoF may need to be recompiled, or may need some .NET package re-loaded.

I’m actually surprised that the program worked as long as it has!

That being said, I don’t have a way to test it myself at the moment, as I don’t have a Yamaha console in front of me. However, please check that your SM setup looks the same as these pics:

The right drop-downs in the Choose Ports dialog are normally greyed-out because you should not need to change those settings to make the program work. You can right-click the dialog if need be to enable those drop-downs and change them if for some reason you needed to.
My guess is that if everything else is set correctly, then MIDI Yoke is the culprit. If that’s the case, you could try using loopMIDI instead of MIDIYoke. You would need to change the 2 normally-greyed-out dropdowns in the Choose Ports dialog to loopMIDI virtual ports instead of the MIDIYoke virtual ports.
Information on loopMIDI can be found within the instructions for YammieQ which I think you can access if you are a beta tester.

Let me know what you find.

Setting the ports as you show in the pictures works! We had always been using both In and Out on Port 1, but I guess something changed.

Thank you so much for your help!

Great news! I’m happy to hear that this very old program still works even on Win10! :banana: