SOF refuses to work for me.

I have a PC connected to the console and everything syncs just fine using the DME driver. I then loaded MidiYoke and restarted. However, when I try to talk to the console with MidiYoke I get a failed to sync message.

Also, I assume that Studio Manager needs to be synchronized with the console before starting SoF because whenever I’ve tried opening the program I get message along the lines of “program failed to initialize”.

I haven’t heard of that problem before. Are you running an x64 version of the software?

Which software? SoF, Midi Yoke, or Windows?

I don’t work with windows that often since I am a Mac guy.

x64 (64-bit) version of Windows.
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-CA/windows7/32-bit-and-64-bit-Windows-frequently-asked-questions

It’s not x64. Any ideas?

Very strange. What console?

LS9-32. I’ve also made sure that I have the current firmware and current releases of SM and the LS9 editor.

You should be able to just connect your LS-9 to the PC, fire up SM and SOF, then set the midi ports in SM and then in SOF. In a second or 2, SOF should detect the LS-9 (if everything connected properly) and you can then do a synchronize.

What happens exactly when you try this?

One of the problems is that I can’t get SM to talk to the console via the midiyoke. It will connect with the normal DME-Network port then I quit SM and reassign the ports to midiyoke and unchecked everything else it won’t connect.

Also, I’ve never gotten SOF to open at all. This is the error screen I get every time I try to open it.

Am I just completely missing a step? I’ve done my best to follow the instructions included and I’ve even deleted and reinstalled the programs several times, but I can’t figure out the problem.

I didn’t realize that you never got SOF to open.

Take a look at the top of page 2 of the instructions.

http://www.checkcheckonetwo.com/forum/showthread.php?1103-Can-t-start-SOF&p=5697&viewfull=1#post5697
:eusa_doh:

Now that I have .Net Framework 4 installed I get a different error message for SOF. It says “Unable to find a version of the runtime to run this application.”

Should SM be able to sync with the console with just MidiYoke or is it dependent on SOF? Because I can’t get it to sync with MidiYoke alone and SOF still won’t open.

I’m sure you hate me by now, but thank you for all your help. I really appreciate it.

Man, this is sure been difficult for you. My apologies that it’s not easier.

I don’t know what’s up with .NET 4, but I’m reading that others are having problems with that version. You may have had a corrupted download of .NET 4, or something else.

Since the program only needs .NET 3, maybe try uninstalling .NET 4 (add/remove programs) and download and install .NET 3.5 from here: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?FamilyID=333325fd-ae52-4e35-b531-508d977d32a6

MidiYoke is a bridge between SOF and SM. You need all these things running and connected and configured properly for SOF to work:

[ul]
[li]The Console
[/li]nr[li]Yamaha’s DME or USB driver
[/li]nr[li]MidiYoke
[/li]nr[li]Studio Manager w/the appropriate editor
[/li]nr[li]Sends on Fader
[/li][/ul]

Let me know how you make out.

Andy, thank you so so much. I finally got everything running correctly. .Net 3.5 was the key to it. After that it was all smooth sailing.

Thanks again for all your help.

:slight_smile: Glad you got it going. Enjoy.