Special version of SOF for USB Share Port users

People have tried unsuccessfully to connect SM to their USB-connected consoles using Routers with USB Sharing ports. D-Link, NetGear, LinkSys and others make versions of their Routers with these USB ports.

I created a version of SOF that may help you if you’re one of those people.

I have not been able to test this myself, so I would appreciate it if someone would give it a try and let me know whether it helps. Post your results in this thread.

If you have not already, you will need to download and install the regular SOF program and MIDI Yoke as per the instructions here: http://www.checkcheckonetwo.com/forum/showthread.php?980-Sends-on-Fader-v-1.10.8.1-Download-it-here!

Make sure you have the regular version installed and running properly with a wired USB connection. Then download the version attached here. Extract the file and give it a try, first with your wired connection, then using your Router’s shared USB port.

-Andy.

There have been discussion about “wireless” USB to those consoles for years. From what I remember - only tried it with PM5D myself - the Silex products are the ones that are working (SX2000).

I’ve seen those discussions as well. I think that is probably one of the better ways to go, other than the VNC route, but this is for people trying to use the Sharing USB port functions on products like the D-Link DIR-655. I picked up a DIR-632 (also has a Share Port) but don’t have a console to test it with.

Doesn’t work. Tried it this weekend. Sorry.

Gotta try that one out…