Thanks for the add - looking at trying out Companion

Cheers,
Ade

Hi Andy,

So far, really happy with the SCP module. I have a some questions.

Can multiple laptops be connected to the network all running companion with the SCP module?

Can companion with the SCP module connect to a remote instance over the internet and if so which ports would need to be opened?

Iā€™m using the instance feedback InCh/Label/Name to grab the name from a QL and put it on a SD button. The name is grabbed and displayed on the SD but changes back companion defined name while the button is activated. Is there a way for the SD button to display the QL name constantly?

Thanks!

1 Like

Happy to hear that. Thank you for saying.

I have a some questions.

Can multiple laptops be connected to the network all running companion with the SCP module?

Should be able to, but I havenā€™t really tested. The # of connections to the console may be limited though by design. You can however have multiple Streamdecks connected to companion, and of course any number of web-buttons/tablet buttons accessing a single computer running companion.
Give it a try and write back!

Can companion with the SCP module connect to a remote instance over the internet and if so which ports would need to be opened?

Yep. Port 49280.

Iā€™m using the instance feedback InCh/Label/Name to grab the name from a QL and put it on a SD button. The name is grabbed and displayed on the SD but changes back companion defined name while the button is activated. Is there a way for the SD button to display the QL name constantly?

Sounds like a bug. Can you send me a screen capture, details of how to reproduce the problem, and your companion config export?

Thanks Andy. Iā€™m with a QL again on Tuesday and Iā€™ll get back to after that.

Ok, but you can send the config file anytimeā€¦

I have two instance feedback commands

It looks like the second command overrides the first, which I guess is by design. Also, name feedback reflects on the SD when I edit the name on the desk but doesnā€™t change with a scene recall that includes a name change. Where should I send the file to?

It looks like the second command overrides the first, which I guess is by design. Also, name feedback reflects on the SD when I edit the name on the desk but doesnā€™t change with a scene recall that includes a name change.

You can re-order the feedback commands, not sure if that makes it better or worse. Once I see your config Iā€™ll have a better idea of what happens.
Values are not sent when scenes change natively on the Yamaha desks, but let me see if thereā€™s a way to poll the data within the module.

Where should I send the file to?

.zip it up and attach it here. If you donā€™t want others to see it for some reason, you can send it to andy@checkcheckonetwo.com.

You said earlier:

Is this still giving you trouble?

Config file attached. Itā€™s page 99!

Yes swapping around made it worse but the functionality is still good enough as it is now.

I donā€™t see any buttons with Channel Name feedback on page 99. Are they somewhere else?

I recreated that button, and added polling for feedback updates on scene changes.
Not sure how the ā€œorder of feedbackā€ will work now, but I have a test version you can try. Are you on Mac or Windows?

Ah, sorry I mustā€™ve deleted that command. Pretty sure it was set up as per the jpeg ā€˜InCh/Label/name then InCh/ToMtrx/ONā€™. Iā€™m on Windows, though itā€™s going to be a few days before I get access to a desk again.

Thanks!

No problem, Iā€™ll try and update the module on here so you can download it when youā€™re ready.

would love to download your companion build, have to earn trust points though? ā€¦ aaaaaand trust!