Timed Fades with Companion

I’ve gotten the companion browser controller to work with the editor, thank you! Maybe I should start another thread, but I am hoping to use the macros to automate faders, not jumping from one value to another, but with an automated fade. Is this possible?

The only way to do a smooth fade is using the fade function on the console which fades values between scenes.
You could do a pseudo-fade by having multiple actions on one button with increasing or decreasing values and a short delay between but that’s pretty ugly.

Hi,

I’m just getting familiar with the Companion server, so I’m not fully aware of all the capabilities right now.

I’m also looking for a way to do Fade In/Out with adjustable timing on a QL-Desk (and then use an external trigger to activate that function).

I tried with a Behringer X-Air, and I see there’s exactly the function I would need on my Yamaha Desk:

Using this module

Would it be something possible to import that in your module or is there no way to do that with the Yamaha Protocol?

Many thanks !

The Yamaha uses a very different communication protocol than the Behringer as well as having different abilities.
On the Yamaha, there’s a limit to how many messages and how fast the Yamaha can process them. I have done some testing with simulated fades (sending messages every few ms) and I’m sorry to say that I found it unsuitable for more than just a channel or two. The internal fade function on the CL/QL works MUCH better, and that is still what I would recommend.

Hello,
I did macros on companion to change the fader level on yamaha TF3 , but the problem here that the macro is instant , I want to move from inf to 0 in 1 sec , but its instant
im using that yamaha-rcp: InCh/Fader/Level

1 Like

You’ll need to use the Fade function that’s part of the Scene controls.
Yamaha made a little video on how to do that on the TF:

Hello,

asking about something very specific,
I want to connect my yamaha tf3 to streamdeck using companion but i want to increase and decrease the volume of sound using fade, from 0 to -inf in 2 secs , as you know ill use this for transition between scenes
Im mohamed esmat Director in esports production so i just asking if its possible

I did macros on companion to change the fader level on yamaha TF3 , but the problem here that the macro is instant , I want to move from inf to 0 in 1 sec , but its instant
im using that yamaha-rcp: InCh/Fader/Level

As is detailed in this thread, it cannot be done well by companion. The proper way to do this is to use Scene Fades as mentioned.