Any plans to implement MIDI Module on Companion 3.0?

Found the bug regarding “Other Yamaha MIDI Message”. They weren’t sending as you noted.
I’ll post the fix in a day or so.

Interestingly though, I just found out that the RCP Macro buttons work with the MIDI module too, with no changes!

1 Like

Fix posted. Still some other things to do, but see if it’s any better.

1 Like

Looks like there’s a possibility of a buffer overrun with the CL consoles. Looking into that.

1 Like

Sure thing. I’ll try and do some more testing tomorrow morning when I get to the office.

Buffer issue fixed.

1 Like

Anyone had a chance to do any other testing?

BTW, Recording Macros works fine, the same Macro buttons that I created for the RCP module “just work” in the MIDI module!

A post was split to a new topic: RCP Module 3.1.2 issues

Hi Andy
Cliff here - I’m running an M1 Mac (Monterey OS), Companion 3.1.1+6229-stable-4593dd7f, and your latest Midi Module: Yamaha Sysex MIDI - v3.0.1.
However, When I turn on the module - it tries to connect, and then says crashed - retrying multiple times…
I cannot get into the edit settings page to tell it where to look for the console.

Any clues?

I believe there were some issues in older companion builds.
Please try the latest beta from bitfocus.io
Current version as of this writing is 3.2.0+6432

If you still have the same problem, please export the main log file and send it to me.

Just downloaded the beta 3.2.0 and same problem.
KirbsMBPro16-2.local_companion_log_20231020-1156.csv.zip (1.6 KB)

Please try this one, and send me the main logs regardless of whether it works or not, please.

Here is the link

…can’t see anything to try…

DOH! Link in previous message. sorry about that.

That doesn’t crash. And I can get to the config page. No console attached atm though.
KirbsMBPro16-2.local_companion_log_20231020-1630.csv.zip (12.4 KB)

Ok, I see what happened. You have a VERY old database from back when the first MIDI module was out in Companion v2. I’m not sure how to completely clean out the old configs, other than to wipe it all and start from scratch.

Glad it’s working now. I hadn’t run into that situation before.
Even though you don’t have a console connected, is it working with the Editor at least?

I would think that this issue would have been solved if the database was “upgraded” from v2 to v3 at some point, but without having an old 2.4 install and database to test, it’s hard to know.

So the MIDI module now connects to the editor - but I no control over it.
I tried the very simplest of things like Channel Select - but sadly nothing changed in the editor.
FYI everything set to localhost 127.0.0.1

KirbsMBPro16-2.local_companion_log_20231020-1652.csv.zip (999 Bytes)

Weird! Just tested it and it’s working fine for me.
Did you enable “Channel Select/Sends on Fader” Link in the Editor Setup screen?

Here’s it working on my computer…