Sends on Fader Customizing

Looking at using this for my band instead of a dedicated monitor board. Running a cat 5 back from FOH where the 01v96 is hooked up to a usb to ethernet adaptor… Hoping its easy enough for the band to use, which it should be.

I’d have to try and remember my VB days but I don’t think it would be that hard to rename the mix buttons from 1, 2, 3, 4 to custom ones like band member names would it?

Also trying to figure out controlling an Elation DMX Operator with the UDK’s through MIDI. my first dive into Midi operation… Hopefully can figure out the settings eventually.

Thanks for the software!

Hi Meest and Welcome!

Depends on how comfortable the band is with Studio Manager… Probably a good idea to find one person in the band and get them trained up on it instead of letting it be a “free for all”… :icon_wink:

I’d have to try and remember my VB days but I don’t think it would be that hard to rename the mix buttons from 1, 2, 3, 4 to custom ones like band member names would it?
I had that implemented but it was difficult to get it to work properly. (It was grabbing the mix names from the console). The PM5D isn’t too difficult with it’s 4-character names, but the LS9/M7CL allow up to 8 character names, in 2 sets of 4, and for some reason I didn’t get it working very reliably, especially if you had spaces in the mix names, I think…

If your vb .NET is up to snuff and you’d like to help work on it, I’d be happy to show you what I have so far and see if you can figure out what the problem is. I just ran out of time and wanted to release a stable product, so I stopped working on it.

Also trying to figure out controlling an Elation DMX Operator with the UDK’s through MIDI. my first dive into Midi operation… Hopefully can figure out the settings eventually.
I think only the UDKs on the PM5D can send out MIDI messages, but you should check into that. What kind of MIDI messages does the Elation respond to?

Thanks for the software!
NP. Hope it works for you.

Hello all, this app looks interesting and I will try it with my LS9 this evening hopefully.