TF Log

1. 15:16:10 instance(yamaha-scp): Device found: “Blue”

2. 15:16:10 instance(yamaha-scp): Received from device: OK devinfo productname “TF1”

3. 15:16:10 instance(yamaha-scp): Received from device: OK get MIXER:Current/InCh/Label/Name 0 0 “KICK”

4. 15:16:10 instance(yamaha-scp): Received from device: OK get MIXER:Current/InCh/Label/Color 0 0 “Blue”

5. 15:16:10 instance(yamaha-scp): sending get MIXER:Current/InCh/Label/Color 0 0 to 192.168.0.128

6. 15:16:10 instance(yamaha-scp): sending get MIXER:Current/InCh/Label/Name 0 0 to 192.168.0.128

7. 15:16:10 instance(yamaha-scp): Connected!

Thank you, Dan!

Odd message, Device Found: “Blue” :eusa_think:

Some issues with the Yamaha template for the TF. They’re calling these messages “binary” when clearly they are text strings.
Hmmm…

What would be great is the log from each possible command that has Color or Name at the end of the string. Not every name is needed, or every channel, just one from each group. (InCh/StInCh/St/DCA/Mix/FX, etc.)

A list of the colors too.

The CL colors are:
“Blue”
“Orange”
“Yellow”
“Purple”
“Cyan”
“Magenta”
“Red”
“Green”
“Off”

On loading Companion, with one button that has feedback for name and color.
The first and last lines are Info, the rest are Debug.

1. 16:28:18 instance(yamaha-scp): Device found: “Blue”

2. 16:28:18 instance(yamaha-scp): Received from device: OK devinfo productname “TF1” OK get MIXER:Current/InCh/Label/Name 0 0 “KICK” OK get MIXER:Current/InCh/Label/Color 0 0 “Blue”

3. 16:28:18 instance(yamaha-scp): sending get MIXER:Current/InCh/Label/Color 0 0 to 192.168.0.128

4. 16:28:18 instance(yamaha-scp): sending get MIXER:Current/InCh/Label/Name 0 0 to 192.168.0.128

5. 16:28:18 instance(yamaha-scp): Connected!

The button functions, but is blank.

Then I change that Blue button to each of the other colors. The button color updates as I click on each color in the editor.
Then I delete the K from the name KICK, and the button updates from blank to KIC. I type K, and it updates to KICK.

This is all Debug.

1. 16:33:18 instance(yamaha-scp): Received from device: NOTIFY set MIXER:Current/InCh/Label/Name 0 0 “KICK” “KICK”
  2. 16:33:15 instance(yamaha-scp): Received from device: NOTIFY set MIXER:Current/InCh/Label/Name 0 0 “KIC” “KIC”
  3. 16:33:09 instance(yamaha-scp): Received from device: NOTIFY set MIXER:Current/InCh/Label/Color 0 0 “Blue” “Blue”
  4. 16:33:07 instance(yamaha-scp): Received from device: NOTIFY set MIXER:Current/InCh/Label/Color 0 0 “Off” “Off”
  5. 16:33:06 instance(yamaha-scp): Received from device: NOTIFY set MIXER:Current/InCh/Label/Color 0 0 “Green” “Green”
  6. 16:33:05 instance(yamaha-scp): Received from device: NOTIFY set MIXER:Current/InCh/Label/Color 0 0 “SkyBlue” “SkyBlue”
  7. 16:33:04 instance(yamaha-scp): Received from device: NOTIFY set MIXER:Current/InCh/Label/Color 0 0 “Blue” “Blue”
  8. 16:33:03 instance(yamaha-scp): Received from device: NOTIFY set MIXER:Current/InCh/Label/Color 0 0 “Yellow” “Yellow”
  9. 16:33:02 instance(yamaha-scp): Received from device: NOTIFY set MIXER:Current/InCh/Label/Color 0 0 “Orange” “Orange”
  10. 16:33:00 instance(yamaha-scp): Received from device: NOTIFY set MIXER:Current/InCh/Label/Color 0 0 “Red” “Red”
  11. 16:32:58 instance(yamaha-scp): Received from device: NOTIFY set MIXER:Current/InCh/Label/Color 0 0 “Pink” “Pink”
  12. 16:32:56 instance(yamaha-scp): Received from device: NOTIFY set MIXER:Current/InCh/Label/Color 0 0 “Purple” “Purple”

Ok, looks like this is the color table.

CL/QL TF
“Blue” “Blue”
“Orange” “Orange”
“Yellow” “Yellow”
“Purple” “Purple”
“Cyan” “SkyBlue”
“Magenta” “Pink”
“Red” “Red”
“Green” “Green”
“Off” “Off”

Try v1.3.4 and see how that works.

Cyan and Magenta are actual colors. Can I have those in my TF?

:laughing7: Only if Yamaha adds them!
I’d be happy to change the names in the module to Cyan and Magenta if that makes you feel better, though! :happy3:

1.3.4 picked up the name and the color right off.
No Blue after the Device Found: this time.
Couple unknown cmmands.
Still no Pink or SkyBlue on the button.

1. 10:22:20 instance(yamaha-scp): Unknown command received: scene_a
  2. 10:22:20 instance(yamaha-scp): Received from device: ‘NOTIFY ssupdate_ex scene_a 1’
  3. 10:22:18 instance(yamaha-scp): Unknown command received: scene_a
  4. 10:22:18 instance(yamaha-scp): Received from device: ‘NOTIFY ssupdate_ex scene_a 1’
  5. 10:21:31 instance(yamaha-scp): Received from device: ‘OK get MIXER:Current/InCh/Label/Color 0 0 “Blue”’
  6. 10:21:31 instance(yamaha-scp): Received from device: ‘OK get MIXER:Current/InCh/Label/Name 0 0 “KICK”’
  7. 10:21:31 instance(yamaha-scp): Device found:
  8. 10:21:31 instance(yamaha-scp): Received from device: ‘OK devinfo productname “TF1”’
  9. 10:21:31 instance(yamaha-scp): sending ‘get MIXER:Current/InCh/Label/Color 0 0’ to 192.168.0.128
  10. 10:21:31 instance(yamaha-scp): sending ‘get MIXER:Current/InCh/Label/Name 0 0’ to 192.168.0.128
  11. 10:21:31 instance(yamaha-scp): Connected!

Copy that. Appreciate the logs. (I’m surprised there’s no way to export the logs - I and others have asked for that feature to be added…)

The unknown command looks like a scene recall. I’ll dig into why it’s not recognized.
I added the new colors in the action dropdown, are you saying that those colors are not available in the action drop-down or are not showing up as a background color on the button itself?

No more unknown commands. Still no luck with the two colors on the buttons. Talking about the buttons themselves. Just occurred to me that maybe those aren’t colors Companion knows how to make. Also, the yellow and the orange are nearly identical on the button. Orange needs more red.

Ok, let me take a look on my SD. I have just been using the Web GUI. Do the colors change for you on the Web GUI?

Colors are all working for me, both CL and TF, but I’m just simulating them from the logged commands you sent.
If those 2 colors are still not working for you, please send me the log showing the command the console sends when you change the color of a channel strip.

Red is up full on the on the “orange” button, so I brought the other 2 colours down a little.
Did the same for the green which looked a little too “light green” rather than a darker colour.

When I update you can let me know if it looks better.

Oh, are you on 1.3.5?

I may have uploaded 1.3.4 previously and called it 1.3.5.

Check the log when it runs to see the version.

Bingo. It was 1.3.4. All working now.

Wicked.
Colors better? I’m not sure if there’s much more that can be done there.

Did you ever try the “My Channel” function? It would be good to know if that works properly on the TF.

Yes, My Channel works on TF. I think I’d need more than one to get use out of it, myself.

That was a feature requested by another user. I think he’s using SD’s for talkback control, which is an interesting idea, especially in the case that each player had one, and could pick who to talk to on stage, see via feedback who’s talking, stuff like that. If SD’s were 20’s of dollars, I can see that as a great use-case.